All you need is 3 simple ingredients to make this pulled pork recipe in your Instant Pot! Learn how to make this gluten-free dish and prep it for a week of lunches for your week!
I use my Instant Pot all of the time, but I started to realize that some of my absolute favorite recipes have never even hit our website. They are the simple dishes that have become a part of our routines and older recipes that were adapted for the pressure cooker that I just have never got around to sharing…
That is, until now!
My 3-ingredient Instant Pot Ribs have been a bit of a viral sensation on our website so it makes sense that today’s pork recipe also has just a few simple ingredients and that it can feed a crowd.
Even better, you will still have leftovers for fabulous lunches.
We frequently tote our Instant Pot around with us when we book vacation homes on airbnb because I have perfected a handful of recipes that allow us to enjoy a delicious dinner without spending a ton of money.
I have also found clean-up can be a breeze because we can store our main dishes right inside for the next day thanks to this awesome lid. An extra insert is always handy too so you always have a pot to prepare in!
Less dishes AND less money spent?
Now, that’s a vacation mom’s dream!
The first time I adapted this recipe, the directions said that I only needed 45 minutes to an hour to achieve that perfectly shredded pork.
Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case and it took a bit of trial and error for me to discover that 90 minutes on HIGH pressure is exactly how I like my pulled pork.
This amount of time yields that tender pork that I’ve come to know, without an entire day in our slow cooker.
Taking this recipe to work?
Here is one way I love to package pulled pork up for lunches.
I have found sweet potatoes are the perfect vehicle for pulled pork.
I just rinse these off, prick with a fork, rub with olive oil and kosher salt, and bake at 400 degrees for an hour, while my pork is bubbling away.
For sides, fruit and veggies are the perfect accompaniment.
Are you a ranch dipper? I used these cups for our dip and just piled my veggies on top for snacking on while I worked.
I hope you will enjoy this tried-and-true recipe at your dinner table too and consider this one a vacation staple, like we do in our family!
Be sure to SCROLL DOWN for loads more dinner ideas. I have you covered!! Don’t have an Instant Pot? Use this recipe for your Slow Cooker instead!
3-Ingredient Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 8 servings[url:3][img:1][/url]
- Follow these directions if preparing sweet potatoes
- 1 (4 pound) Boston butt (or pork shoulder)
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce (this is my recommendation ALWAYS)
- Pour your can of root beer in the Instant Pot
- Place pork butt/shoulder on top and season well with salt and pepper.
- Lock the lid and select the Meat function (this should be on HIGH pressure), and set your timer for 90 minutes.
- Quick release your valve after the timer beeps and remove the pork butt from the pressure cooker.
- Shred the meat and drain the root beer from the pressure cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce and toss gently.
- Serve in buns or prepared sweet potatoes. See my full post for a meal prep day for a week of lunches.
Looking for more weeknight meal ideas? Check these posts out!
What is your favorite thing to create in your Instant Pot?
*this post may contain affiliate links- I only recommend what I love though.