Today’s project is a simple t-shirt flower pin made from a t-shirt in your favorite shade with a clip-on earring center to add a unique flair.
Inspiration came from a bag of clip on earrings that I found when browsing through the jewelry section of my favorite thrift store and the sea of endless t-shirts in every variety of color that you can find on their racks.
Visit my step-by-step tutorial on how to make these sweet little pins for someone in your life!
For this project you will need:
- To begin, you will need to cut out eleven circles out of your old t-shirt. I used a large circle punch and created my template out of scrap card stock. You could also just trace a lid to a canning jar, if you don’t have a circle punch handy.
- Grab your piece of felt and cut a heart out for the base of your flower or you can cut a simple felt circle.
- Let’s make some flower petals. Fold your circle in half as shown.
- Fold up one side of the circle that has been folded in half.
- Fold up the other half of the halved circle and have it meet with the other side to form a petal.
- Now hot glue the seam just a tiny bit together where the petal is gathered and then hot glue the end of the petal to the felt heart.
- Repeat this with all four ends of the heart.
- In the spaces left, fill in with three or four more petals.
- Spray paint your clip on earrings in your favorite color. Allow this to dry.
- Remove the back of the earring with a pair of pliers. Hot glue the earring to the center
- On the back of your fabric flower, you can attach a simple jewelry pin that you can find in the jewelry section of your favorite craft store.
- Wear your thrift store pin proudly!
Happy crafting, sweet friends!
This post contains affiliate links.
Don’t miss these crafty ideas on MomAdvice.com: