Whenever I go out to restaurants, I always want to order a big plate full of bruschetta for an appetizer. I don’t know why it has never occurred to me to make a batch of brushetta to eat at home, but when I noticed the tomatoes were on sale at my local supermarket, I just knew that I had to make some of this for myself.
This bruschetta is a double tomato bruschetta which combines the super sweet and chewy flavors of the sun-dried tomatoes with the delicious juiciness of the Roma tomatoes. The flavors together are phenomenal and are mixed with just a little balsamic vinegar,olive oil, garlic, and a little fresh garlic.
This appetizer can be prepared a few hours in advance, allowing the flavors to marinate together and break down the tomatoes a bit, or you can prepare it and eat it within ten minutes of preparation.
I have a feeling that this quick and easy appetizer will be my new go-to dish for summer potlucks and barbecues. I also have a feeling that once you make this bruschetta, it will be your go-to dish too.
Double Tomato Bruschetta
Author: Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil, stems removed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your baguette into ¾ inch slices.
- On a cookie sheet, arrange your baguette in a single layer. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Broil for 2 minutes, until just slightly brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes (or as long as three hours).
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices.
- Top the slices with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Looking for other great appetizers to mix up in your kitchen? Here is a list of my personal favorites that I love to serve for holiday gatherings and when entertaining!