Lots of behind the scenes activity is happening with our BIG Give and I just want to thank you all for your support. It is not too late to sign up and be part of this movement of community giving. I am so excited to see our list growing each day and learning more about your own projects.
This week I had a truly great thing happen. Jennifer, from Sisterly Savings, contacted me to see how she could support our BIG Give. She came to me with great enthusiasm to help support us in any way she could and began by finding sponsors for our give to Faith Mission. You can read more about what she is doing and if you leave her a comment, Boston Market has agreed to make a $.10 donation (up to $100) for our cause. This is a great way to help with our give without even having to reach in your pocket to do it.
We are continuing to look for sponsors to help us so please email me at email@example.com and tell me what you can help with. Remember that with your donation, you will receive a month’s worth of free advertising for the entire month of January! I am putting it all out there- that is 160K hits each month that will see your company and all the great things you are doing.
Here is what else is happening:
- Kenmore has agreed to help with our appliance donation! They were very excited and willing to help us with what we were doing and I am so thankful to be working for an amazing company like that. I sent over specifications for the appliances and we have a target date of getting these to Faith Mission by the end of the month.
- Lands’ End will be donating two dozen towels, blankets, pillows, and hats & gloves for the charity. This was all in thanks to Jennifer at Sisterly Savings.
- We have received over $200 in cash donations.
- I will be presenting to the Elkhart Rotary Club next Thursday and seeing what assistance they can offer. This is all thanks to my friend Kathy Strukel at Perfect Party Solutions. Kathy is also working with me to get me in front of other Elkhart companies to get more donations for our cause.
- We have a donation of 50 toothbrushes and 100 toothpastes coming from North Main Dentistry. This donation was arranged by my dear friend and local fashionista, Kathy Friend.
- We scored a surprise interview with Cat Country 99.9 on Monday morning and got to share about what we are planning for Faith Mission. A big thank you to my true blue friend, Amy Watson, for helping us spread the word.
- We were featured a second time in the Elkhart Truth this week for our involvement with Faith Mission.
- We have received boxes of donations from other bloggers to help with our Welcome Kits. Thank you to each of you for being so generous.
- We have many, many more things in the works that have yet to be finalized. I have hope that we will reach our goals!
I am proud of what we have accomplished in such a short time and am confident that we are going to make Faith Mission’s Christmas a little brighter.
If you want to sign up to be a part of our BIG Give or if you want to make a monetary donation, please click here for more information.
I am anxious to hear the progress on the other projects out there. Be brave- tell us what you need and where to find what you are doing!