Nothing says summer like summertime grilling.
Today I am sharing an easy 5-ingredient recipe for Caprese Pork Chops that you must try for your backyard grilling.
These 5-ingredient pork chops couldn’t be easier and are our family’s new favorite dish.
Anything that can be made with minimal effort, reheats like a dream, and makes my whole family happy is a winner in our kitchen.
This recipe serves all three of those purposes!
As we head into the summer months on the blog, my focus on projects and food are going to be all about simple things that add value and save you time in your day.
I hope you will appreciate the shift in focus and be inspired to try incorporating some of these ideas into your life, especially when they are so easy to execute.
If you plan to do some gardening this year, this recipe is a great way to use up your basil and cherry tomatoes or even create the pesto from scratch from your garden of herbs.
You can also try my version by hitting your local grocer, farmer’s market, or vegetable stand to snag these ingredients.
Be sure to check out my get your grill on Pinterest board for additional inspiration and, if it hasn’t gotten too hot where you are, clean your grill while you sleep!
5-Ingredient Caprese Pork Chops
Recipe Type: Grilling
An easy 5-ingredient Caprese Pork Chop that couldn’t be easier to prepare…or eat!
- 8 thick center-cut pork chops, boneless
- 1 jar of pesto (I love the Classico brand- over by the spaghetti sauce/pasta aisle)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella
- Handful of basil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Place pork chops in a bag and pour the jar of pesto over them. Season with salt and pepper. Seal the bag and move the bag around to coat all of the chops in the pesto. Allow them to marinate for four hours or overnight.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half in a small bowl. Chop or tear the basil and add them to the tomatoes, seasoning with salt and pepper. Slice the mozzarella into eight slices and set aside.
- Preheat your grill on medium-high heat. Place chops on the grill and cook for five minutes on each side. In the last two minutes, add a slice of mozzarella on each pork chop. Shut the grill and allow the cheese to melt.
- Once the pork is cooked through, remove it from the grill and allow the chops to rest for 5 minutes. Top each chop with the tomato salad. Serve.
For more grilling recipes try these: