This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
This gluten-free mama is excited to share with you a new tool for making sure that you have good meals that your WHOLE family can enjoy!
Not only that, I’m sharing an EASY no-bake granola bar recipe that is our new favorite after school treat!
Nestlé has launched a new tool, in partnership with Walmart called Good Choices Made Easy. This tool helps recommend different products for your family’s meals and helps you select these products based on your own dietary needs.
They recognize that every meal can’t be homemade (especially during this busy season), but they want you to know and trust that the products they are sharing are made with quality ingredients and save you time in the aisles reading all those labels.
How cool is that?
Combining this tool with the low prices at Walmart, you can feel confident about the ingredients you choose AND the pricing on these items!
To celebrate the launch of this new tool, I am sharing a recipe for No-Bake Granola Bars using the Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
I have incorporated oats, almonds, honey, and peanut butter in these delicious treats that are perfect for serving up as a snack after a long day of school.
You may recall that I had a baked granola bar on our site, from many years ago. My original recipe relied upon flour and baking so this is a spin on my No-Bake Energy Bites recipe, just in bar form. These days, I’m all about easy!
Mix these delicious ingredients up in a large bowl and line an 8×8″ pan with parchment paper. Pat these down until you have an even surface across your pan. Place these in your refrigerator for about thirty minutes and then cut them into bars for your week.
As soon as these were sliced, they were devoured by my kids. I love that these are made from ingredients that we always have in our pantry! I bet if you make them, they will go fast in your house too!
- 1 ¾ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 ⅓ cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped (if making nut-free, substitute with 1 ⅓ additional cups of quick-cooking oats)
- 1 cup Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (or almond butter or sunbutter)
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line an 8x8" pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a small handheld chopper (or your chef's knife), give your almonds a coarse chop.
- Add the peanut butter and honey to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a large bowl, mix together your oatmeal, coarsely chopped almonds, chocolate morsels, ground, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Add the peanut butter & honey mixture (make sure it has cooled so you don't melt your chocolate morsels) and your vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan and then press these in the pan, until they are pressed evenly throughout. I like to spray a little cooking spray on a little plastic wrap to assist with getting these even.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for a half hour.
- Remove and slice into bars. Wrap bars individually in plastic wrap or in baggies for snacks and lunches.
Be sure to check out the Nestlé Good Choices Made Easy Tool at Walmart.com I think you will find it invaluable when doing your grocery shopping!
This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.Pin It