Congratulations to Kim (Commenter #181) on winning this $50 giveaway!
There are many creative ways to stay hydrated and for those of us that struggle with drinking water, I thought I would share a few new ways to add hydration into your day.
- Buy a reusable water bottle that you can take with you when you are on the go. I love the stainless steel varieties because it keeps your water nice and cold. If you are unsure how much liquid the water bottle will hold, pour the water into a measuring glass and then figure out how many of those bottles are needed to meet your water quota.
- Adding lemon or a splash of bottled lemon juice to my water makes drinking water more appealing to me. That hint of flavor seems to make all of the difference.
- Exercising forces me to drink more water. By exercising, I am not only getting my body in shape, but it also makes me thirsty for more water. I call that a total win-win situation!
- Encourage the rest of the family to drink more water by serving a glass of water with your meals instead of any other drinks. After everyone gets one glass in, then offer milk or juice for the second glass.
- Make a deal with yourself that for every cup of tea, coffee, or soda that you drink that you will match this with one cup of water. This has helped me scale back the amount of coffee I am drinking and increased the amount of water going into my system.
- Crystal Light does offer lots of fun flavors that you can add to your water and it is low in calories. I am a fan of the Raspberry Lemonade & Fruit Punch flavors for adding a little punch to my water.
Crystal Light would like you to sign up for the Water Way Challenge is easy and will only take a few seconds. You can then use the site as a tool to track your hydration throughout the day. The bonus of signing up is that Crystal Light will be assisting those 900 million folks around the world who do not have access to clean water.
To help encourage discussion about hydration, I will be offering a fun giveaway of $50 to one lucky reader each day that I post about this challenge (four opportunities in all). To enter this giveaway, please leave a comment by 06/23 (Tuesday) at 8PM EST and tell me one creative idea for sneaking in more water throughout your day!
Would you like additional entries? For each item completed, you can post one additional entry below:
1. Enter the $250 Divine Caroline Giveaway and come back here to let me know you have entered.
2. Subscribe to my blogs, (pick one or subscribe to all three) then leave a comment letting me know you have with. If you are already subscribed, just let me know with your additional entry.
3. Follow me on Twitter (@momadvice) and let me know you are my latest and greatest friend!
Photo Credit: TedG 7
(Please note that this post has been sponsored by Crystal Light. We are happy to be working with the company and sharing the message about hydration and giving others access to clean water through this sponsorship)