If there is one food that I love, it is a delicious fresh salsa. Today I wanted to share with you the world’s most delicious roasted corn salsa that is the perfect dish to take to your next potluck or tailgating event.
The unique flavor in this salsa comes from a unique process of broiling the corn under your oven’s broiler until the corn gets a beautiful brown hue to it, imparting a roasted taste within each bite of your salsa and adding another layer of flavor to this simple dish.
Fresh chopped tomatoes, roasted corn, and parsley are tossed with just a little red wine vinegar, olive oil, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to create this unique and easy appetizer.
Serve this fast & easy dish with your favorite tortilla chip. I guarantee that wherever you bring this dish, it won’t last long!
Roasted Corn Salsa
Author: Adapted from All You Magazine
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 6 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 2 onions, diced (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (depending on how spicy you like your salsa)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat a broiler or prepare a charcoal fire and let burn to a gray ash.
- Place corn on a broiling pan or grill set about 6 inches from heat source.
- Cook, turning often, until kernels have softened and are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool, then cut off kernels from each ear (you’ll have about 3 cups).
- In a large bowl, combine corn kernels, tomatoes, onions, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce. Add parsley and stir well. Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chip.