It has felt like a lifetime since my last favorite things list. So many good things have been happening over here! Let’s see, I hosted BOTH sides of my family and it was absolutely perfect. I even nailed the turkey this year even though I accidentally set my oven to the wrong temperature (oops!). I was thankful for all that delicious food I had prepped in my freezer for our holiday meal.
My daughter performed in The Nutcracker with the Conservatory of Dance over Thanksgiving weekend and our faces hurt from smiling at her sincerity and focus while dancing.
We also got these halls all decked and I shared my first tour ever of our home. I have already heard from two friends that they were ordering a Bucky for their home. We love that cardboard animals are trending!
Brooks Brothers Fancy gently used from thredup!
I’m still rocking my fall wardrobe from my capsule and I haven’t even made any switches yet, although I did add a couple of ponchos to the mix. I am planning to stay in this capsule through the winter because I am liking it so much.
Speaking of the capsule, you can find me over on A Prioritized Life sharing about what I have learned from finishing out my first full year in Project 333. If you are thinking about exploring one, this might help you navigate it better than I did at first, as well as how this shift began to transform the rest of my life. I hope you can give it a listen! I love getting to share about my journey through this experience.
Here are a few other things that made me happy this week!
I’m Working My Way Through the GoodReads Nominations
I am going to be combining the Must-Reads list for November & December since it is a struggle for me to get in as much reading time as I would like for the holidays. Rest assured, I will have it to you as well as my list of the best reads for the year (which is always a big challenge!). I headed to the library and checked out a huge stack of the GoodReads Nominations after I put together the list for you guys! I read this one (EXCELLENT!) and I read The Royal We. I have heard so many good things about this one and, once again, you guys were right! It was a BIG book (a whopping 452 pages!), but I enjoyed it from start to finish.
I was expecting it to be a light love story of an American falling for a Prince, but there was some real meat in there. I can’t imagine how much research they did to really create the insider feel of what it would be like to be a part of the royal family. I found all of that really fascinating. The authors will be joining us on a Sundays With Writers this month so stay tuned for that!
It must have been a week for me and royalty because the second thing on my list is…
The White Queen
My girlfriend told me ages ago that this show was so great (it’s based on the Philippa Gregory books that I am sure many of you have read), but I told her I didn’t have HBO so I never looked into it. The other night I was flipping through the Amazon Prime Options and The White Queen was on there and I am completely sucked in.
It’s racy so I am always looking over my shoulder if one of my kids is trying to peek at my iPad and giving everyone the evil eye with my headphones on to stay away, but goodness it is SO GOOD. The costumes are incredible, the settings are unreal, and I am bawling my eyes out at scenes because the acting is so good.
Sadly, they only made one season of it, but that also makes it a series that I can start and finish (a rarity for me!). If you have Prime, it’s worth adding it to your Watchlist!!
I Love Seeing Your Favorite Things
I took a peek at my Amazon reports to see what you guys are loving and purchasing from our recommendations on the site this year. When I started this favorite things series, I wasn’t sure if you would love it as much as I would love sharing my favorite stuff. I thought I would tell you what your top ten favorite things have been!
1. Lion Brand Hometown USA Yarn- It seems our yarn pom pom wreath & pom pom garland has been a big hit in a lot of houses and you bought a ton of yarn to make these projects. As we toured the house, I shared that I never put it away because the wreath is so special so I am happy you want to make one too!
2. Harry Potter Illustrated- Basically, my kids favorite book of the entire year!
3. Pom Pom Makers- I told you that wreath was a hit! If you love pom poms, you must have a maker. It’s a must-have tool for any crafter!
4. Rit Dye- If you are restoring your jeans, you need a little of this dye to make it happen and apparently that was happening in a lot of homes.
5. All the Light We Cannot See- What an honor it was to interview a Pulitzer Prize winning author. I count that among one of my biggest blessings that happened from our Sundays With Writers series.
6. Rice Cookers- Everyone loves to make quinoa in their rice cooker and I list it as must-have gadget for any busy cook.
7. Epilators & Laser Hair Removal Devices- I must not be alone in my hair woes!
8. Coobie Bras- So thrilled my yoga pant comfort in bras is such hit!
9. Black Lights- People love glow-in-the-dark stuff and our glow-in-the-dark JELL-O must be hitting a lot of Halloween parties. We also sold a ton of glow-in-the dark accessories so it sounds like some of you had some epic parties that I wasn’t invited to. It’s cool…
10. Argan Oil- You must have the skin of babies.
I hope my weekly happy list continues to inspire you in your home!
Oh, and here is a little more Adele just in case that wasn’t enough happy for your weekend! Isn’t this beautiful? xo
*this post may contain affiliate links- I only recommend what I love though. Check out past editions of It’s the 3 Little Things!
Now it’s your turn! What’s making you happy this week?