1 1/2 Â Â Â Â cupsÂ Â flour
1/2 Â Â Â cup sugar
2 Â Â Â teaspoons baking powder
1/2 Â Â Â teaspoon salt
1/2 Â Â Â teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 Â Â Â teaspoon ground allspice
1 Â Â Â egg, beaten
1/2 Â Â Â cup milk
1/3 Â Â Â cup butter, melted
2 Â Â Â tablespoons sugar
1/2 Â Â Â teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 Â Â Â cup butter, melted
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and allspice.
2. Add egg, milk and butter.
3. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened.
4. Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until done.
6. For topping combine sugar and cinnamon.
7. Brush top of warm muffin in butter and dip top of muffin into sugar/cinnamon mixture.